7 Ways to Fuel Energy During a Pandemic
Familiarity during disruption fuels energy and calms turbulence.
7 ways to fuel energy during a pandemic:
#1. Leverage the power of conversation.
Provide time for casual banter before and/or after meetings.
All-business drains energy. Moments of connection re-energize.
#2. Express appreciation frequently.
Normal courtesies mean more during disruption.
- Say thank you for things people are paid to do.
- Express the kind side of your heart.
- Remember everyone feels burdens.
#3. Reconnect with the old days.
I’ve never been a fan of nostalgia. Frankly, it offended me. I don’t want to re-build the past. I want to create the future.
The past is gone for good. The good ole days weren’t heaven and the present isn’t hell. But pandemics make nostalgia attractive.
- Play some oldies through your earphones.
- Watch a few episodes of Bewitched or DuckTales. (You gotta click the Bewitched link and watch the first couple of minutes!)
- Dig out some family albums or videos.
#4. Establish morning rituals.
#5. Get up and move.
If sitting is the new smoking, some are up to three-packs a day.
I have a friend who walks a mile at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
#6. Schedule something you can anticipate.
Scheduled fun is more fun than spontaneous fun.
Anticipating fun is often more enjoyable than having fun.
#7. Ask yourself some energy-making questions.
What gives you energy during a Pandemic?