Winners for this giveaway have been selected and notified. Watch for more giveaways on future posts.
20 free books!!!
Leave a comment on this post by Dr. Alison Eyring to become eligible to win one of twenty complimentary copies of her new book, Pacing for Growth. (Deadline: 3/18/2017)
6 ways leaders harness the magic of growth routines:
The most successful growth leaders wisely use routines to get more done. Whether it’s a daily run, a daily shop-floor walk and talk, or a weekly chat to customers; they focus on what’s important and then create routines to make it happen.
Growth routines create new habits and ways of thinking. Here are a few simple ideas to help you harness the power of growth routines:
- Identify the most critical new attitude or way of thinking that your growth strategy requires and then create a simple routine to turn it into a habit.
- Identify critical stakeholders who will play a role in executing your growth strategy. Create routines that bring their perspective into your thinking or increase positive interactions with them. Sometimes customer boards serve this purpose well. We work with a payments company whose employees volunteer to act as brand ambassadors who visit merchants to observe them and learn about their experiences with payments.
- Create a simple routine to build outside-in thinking. For example, my company uses Facebook@Work and we’ve created a special group to share news about our customers and their industries. We invite customers to share content for this app, too.
- Create a simple routine to bring customers into your innovation process (yes, we’re talking about customer-aligned innovation). In my firm, we regularly cocreate new services with our customers.
- Less is more! Prioritize your routines and decide how many you can absorb and utilize. Manage the set like a portfolio. Once a routine is habit, try out another one. But don’t move on until the routine is embedded. Really embedded.
Give each routine a few tries to see if it can work.
What routines have made a difference for your leadership, team, or organization?
20 free books!!!
Leave a comment on this post by 3/18/2017 to become eligible to win one of twenty complimentary copies of Dr. Alison Eyring’s new book, Pacing for Growth.
***International winners will receive audio versions of Pacing for Growth.
About Dr. Alison Eyring
Growth expert and endurance athlete Alison Eyring, PhD, is the founder and CEO of Organisation Solutions. She works closely with global and regional executives from Fortune/FTSE 500 and some of the world’s most innovative high-growth companies on leadership and growth. A global thought leader on building organizational capacity for growth, she is Adjunct Professor at NUS Business School. Alison is the author of Pacing For Growth: Why Intelligent Restraint Drives Long-term Success, Berrett-Koehler 2017.
Learn more about @IntelligentRestraint on facebook.