I asked the “Freaks” that follow my Facebook page, “What are women leaders better at than men?”
- Knowing when there is no value in fighting.
- Understanding when someone just has a crummy day.
- Understanding the pressures that other women leaders face.
- Organization and multitasking.
- Building consensus, supporting staff, sharing credit, and leading from the middle.
- Emotional Intelligence.
- *Smiling through the pain.
- Focusing on details.
- Mission focus and *tolerance.
- Valuing people for who they are not just what they do.
- Building relationships that last.
- Creating an environment where mistakes are not just tolerated but seen as essential to growth.
- What can you add, amplify, or illustrate?
Generalities and stereotypes that lock people in restrictive boxes belittle everyone. On the other hand, celebrating difference honors individuals and enhances organizations.
Note: Items are listed in the order they were posted on Facebook. An asterisk indicates that item was mentioned more than once.