It’s ridiculous to think your best day is an accidental collision of fortunate events. I admit that good accidents might happen – if you wait long enough. But why wait?
End your day on a good note if you want to sing tomorrow.
How to begin your best day tonight.
#1. Rest is the foundation for success. (Part 1)
#2. End work when things are going good.
Stop work before you’re exhausted, stuck, or frustrated.
Hemingway said: “Stop when you are going good.”
In an interview with George Plimpton, Hemingway said, “You write until you come to a place where you still have your juice and know what will happen next and you stop and try to live through until the next day when you hit it again.”
#3. Brain Dump at the end of the day.
Use pen and paper to:
- Record one or two points of gratitude.
- Set one must-do for tomorrow. Tomorrow is unpredictable. Choose one thing you must do unless the house burns down.
- Make a list of things that need to be addressed. Focus on tomorrow, not next week. Give your brain permission to relax. List whatever comes to mind. You aren’t committing to follow-through on everything on your list.
#4. Shut down and declutter.
- Shut down everything on your computer and power it down.
- Clean off your desk. Throw away scraps of paper. Hide sticky notes. Give yourself a clean environment to begin your day.
- Place your journal or notepad and pen on the corner of your desk. They’re waiting for your morning routine. (Watch for Pt. III.)
End-of-day habits predict the quality of tomorrow.
What end-of-day habits sabotage tomorrow?
What end-of-day habits help set the stage for a great day tomorrow?
4 Creative ways to Start Your Day | Leadership Freak
5 Ways to End Every Day With a Positive Attitude | Inc.com