5 Quotes That Just Might Change Your Life
Call me shallow, but I love me a good quote.
A powerful quote, when taken to heart, shapes life. The trouble is we scurry toward oblivion without reflection.
“The horse is here to stay, but the automobile is only a novelty — a fad.” (Unnamed banker talking with an attorney for Henry Ford)
- The status quo runs contrary to innovation but eventually innovation wins or organizations die.
- Innovation often requires letting go of the present.
- Invest in future-facing endeavors. The above attorney invested $5,000 and later sold it for $12,500,000. (The Truth about Henry Ford)
“And what does your anxiety do? It does not empty tomorrow, brother, of its sorrows; but, ah! it empties today of its strength.” Alexander McLaren
- Monitor your energy. Do things that give you energy.
- You never do your best when you’re distracted.
“I am a great believer in luck. The harder I work, the more of it I seem to have.” Coleman Cox
- Good fortune is something that happens while you’re doing stuff.
- Never wait for your ‘big break’.
“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.” Ursula K. Le Guin
- Goals set direction and give meaning to today’s actions. Life without goals is aimless and unfulfilling.
- Focus on this play, not the next play.
- Glance at the scoreboard but don’t let it dominate your thinking.
“Eat dessert first because life is uncertain.” Arthur Murray
- Get up and do the good that’s in your heart right now.
- We usually regret the things we don’t do more than the things we do.
- Look for the enjoyable aspect of everything you do.
What’s your favorite quote in the above list? Why?
What life-changing quote would you add to the above list?