Lee Iacocca’s 9 C’s of Leadership from Where Have all the Leaders Gone.
1. A leader has to show CURIOSITY. He has to listen to people outside of the “Yes, sir” crowd in his inner circle. The inability to listen is a form of arrogance. It means either you think you already know it all, or you just don’t care.
2. A leader has to be CREATIVE, go out on a limb, and be willing to try something different. Leadership is all about managing change … Things change, and you get creative. You adapt.
3. A leader has to COMMUNICATE. I’m talking about facing reality and telling the truth.
4. A leader has to be a person of CHARACTER. That means knowing the difference between right and wrong and having the guts to do the right thing.
5. A leader must have COURAGE. I’m talking about balls. (That even goes for female leaders.) Swagger isn’t courage. Tough talk isn’t courage. Courage is a commitment to sit down at the negotiating table and talk.
6. To be a leader you’ve got to have CONVICTION — a fire in your belly. You’ve got to really want to get something done.
7. A leader should have CHARISMA. People follow a leader because they trust him. That’s my definition of charisma.
8. A leader has to be COMPETENT. You’ve got to know what you’re doing. More important than that, you’ve got to surround yourself with people who know what they’re doing.
9. You can’t be a leader if you don’t have COMMON SENSE.
THE BIGGEST C IS CRISIS. Leaders are made, not born. Leadership is forged in times of crisis.
Yesman -ship is a compromising state and person usually does not hold any value in his or her life. And without value, life is rudderless. And these people make all type of unethical decisions. The fact is that, they think, they are making money or going in right direction but in fact, they are hollow from inside and can’t positively contribute towards society and family as well.
The other qualities of a leader is decisions taken against odds and magnitude of efforts taken to take the decision. He should be trustworthy and being trustworthy is the sign of being selfless.So being selfless is being honest. therefore, honesty, selflessness, decisions taken against odds,trustworthy is the indomitable qualities of a good leader.