The 5 Most Important Leadership Quotes of All Time – with Personal Affirmations
“Real listening is a willingness to let the other person change you.” Alan Alda
- I will enter conversations open to learning and willing to adapt.
- The way I see things is ONE way of seeing them.
- I’m willing to change my perspective.
- My need to be right makes me stupid.
“Nothing in life is as important as you think it is, while you are thinking about it” Daniel Kahneman
- I will overcome the distraction of urgencies by reconnecting with the big picture.
- I will maintain curiosity with calmness when stress increases.
- I will rest, enjoy family and friends, and take time for self-development, even during a pandemic.
- I won’t belittle the important concerns of others. And I won’t try to solve everyone’s concerns.
“It is more productive to convert an opportunity into results than to solve a problem – which only restores the equilibrium of yesterday.” Peter Drucker
- I see a negativity bias in myself that requires adjusting.
- I will view situations and interactions through the lens of opportunity.
- I will maintain a positive attitude.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe:
“When we take people merely as they are, we make them worse; when we treat them as if they were what they should be, we improve them as far as they can be improved.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- I will view people through the lens of who they might become.
- I will maintain optimism while working to develop myself and others.
- I will acknowledge the limitations of myself and others.
“Becoming a leader is synonymous with becoming yourself. It is precisely that simple and it is also that difficult.” Warren Bennis
- I will spend time in self-reflection today.
- I have the capacity for self-deception. I will seek feedback.
- I will bring my best self in service to others.
What quote might you add to the list of most important leadership quotes of all time?
Which of the above quotes speaks to you most powerfully?
Which personal affirmation might you use today?