5 Ways to be Thankful Like a Leader
When people think of you, are their hearts filled with gratitude? If they are, it’s because you poured value into their lives.
7 principles of generosity, gratitude, and influence:
- The opportunity to give indicates you have already received.
- Servant-leaders ask, “What’s in it for others?”
- Open your heart before you have everything you want.
- Generosity is privilege, not obligation.
- Pour into those who pour out for others. Don’t pour into black holes.
- You end up empty if all you do is give.
- Being respected amplifies gratitude. The more authority you have, the more powerful your expressions of gratitude.
Generosity enlarges others.
5 ways to be thankful like a leader:
Gratitude is a door left ajar that opens hearts and expands influence.
- Worry more about expressing gratitude than receiving it.
- Notice things. Rise above tendencies to walk down the hall lost in thought.
- Take another’s perspective. What’s it like to be in their shoes? Say what you feel.
- Remember why you hired them in the first place?
- Allow gratitude to stand on its own. Don’t use it as a lever.
How might you be thankful like a leader today?