Legacy: Define Power – Determine Purpose – Discover Passion
“We don’t get burned out because of what we do. We get burned out because we forget why we do it.” Jon Gordon, co-author of, “Life Word,” with Dan Britton and Jimmy Page.
Jon, Dan, and Jimmy have extended the “One Word” franchise to “Life Word.” Their new book takes readers beyond discovering one guiding word for a year to finding life-long legacy. Jon said, “‘One Word’ is a chapter in your life. ‘Life Word’ is the title of the book.”
“Life Word,” will help you clarify, pursue, and express your legacy.
Three ways to find your life word:
“What story do you want people to tell about you when you’re gone?” Jon Gordon
Define your power by identifying your gifts and strengths.
- What do I naturally excel at?
- What strengths have I developed over time?
- What strengths or gifts do your close friends or family members see in you?
Gifts you are naturally born with; strengths you develop.
Determine your purpose by identifying your calling and cause. Out of struggle comes calling and cause. The adversity you face today could be the very thing that prepares you to live a life of purpose tomorrow. Your mess becomes your message.
- What does the world need?
- What am I made to do to fill that need?
- What breaks my heart?
Discover your passion by discovering your motivation and energy.
- What energizes me to take action and motivates me to make a difference?
- Where do I invest most of my time, resources, and money?
- What matters to me deeply?
Jon Gordon on how to find your Life Word (2:38):
The power to say no (1:58):
The usefulness of a life word (1:30):
How might leaders live their legacy today?