Books that Most Changed my Leadership
Leadership Freaks who contribute to the Leadership Freak Coffee Shop on Facebook answered, “The leadership book that most changed my leadership is _________.
- Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson
- *Failing Forward by Maxwell
- Servant Leadership
- Spiritual Leadership by Oswald Sanders
- First, Break all the Rules
- Situational Leadership II by Ken Blanchard
- Strength Based Leadership
- The Spiritual Leader by Paul Chappell
- Leading with a Limp
- Necessary Endings
- Unleashing the Power of Rubber Bands
- Lead Like Jesus by Blanchard and Hodges
- *The Leadership Challenge by Kouzes and Posner
- Developing the Leader within You by Maxell
- A Failure of Nerve: Leadership in the Age of the Quick Fix by Edwin Friedman
- It’s Your Ship by Abrashoff and Abrashoff
- It’s Our Ship by Abrashoff and Abrashoff
- See You at the Top by Zig Ziglar
- *21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by Maxwell
- Crucial Conversations
- Tribal Leadership
When emerging leaders ask for the top leadership book I recommend, I always say the same thing, “The Leadership Challenge,” by Kouzes and Posner. It provides a clear, broad, framework for the core functions of leadership.
Note: Books are listed in the order they were posted on Facebook, an asterisk indicates a book was mentioned more than once.
What books most changed your leadership?
Subscribe to Leadership Freak today. It’s free, practical, and brief. The subscribe button is in the upper right of the home page. I’ll never sell your email address, promise.