Forgive my Saturday silliness and those with mobile devices may have difficulty reading this post.
Today’s scintillating post is a selection of surprising “S” words for leaders.
- Shelter from tough truths. Sugarcoating prevents solutions.
- Solace slackers.
- Support quickly. Better to allow suffering than step in or sympathize too soon. Comfort and coddling end growth.
- Straddle the fence. Straddling seems safe but stagnates. The issue for straddlers isn’t seeing both sides its courage.
- Simplify. The hardest path to find is the simple path. On the other hand, lazy, weak, self-satisfied leaders create complexity.
- Summarize. Effective leaders boil things down; unsuccessful get lost in the weeds. Great systems are summaries.
- Make people squirm. High standards, accountability, and the pursuit of excellence aren’t comfortable. Sticklers are irritating.
- Serve without becoming slaves or creating dependence.
- Shape culture.
Which “S” word that I listed is most important, from your viewpoint?
What “S” word for leaders can you add?