29 Ways to Energize Tired Dogs
Managing energy is more important than managing time. It doesn’t matter how much time you have if your energy tank is empty.
Put more in than you take out or you’ll end up empty. Four areas of life require energy: mind, emotions, spirit, and body.
16 energy drainers:
- Pretending you’re something you’re not.
- Incomplete tasks.
- Relationships with takers, complainers, and “can’t do” types.
- Responsibility without authority.
- Proving you’re right rather than developing solutions.
- Feeling alone and disconnected.
- Reactive rather than proactive living.
- Incompetence both in you and others.
- Uncommitted teams.
- Unmotivated individuals.
- Being taken for granted.
- Backstabbers and gossips.
- Bitterness and resentment.
29 ways to energize tired dogs:
- Take breaks. Work no longer than 90 minutes at one stretch.
- Find a “vent” partner.
- Ask, “Does this matter?” Do more of what matters and less of what doesn’t.
- Tell a happy story from your youth. I remember…
- Find a brag buddy and share your successes and accomplishments. Brag buddies celebrate; they don’t diminish or out do.
- Send thank you notes or call someone to say thank you.
- Stop something without starting something new. Create a not to-do list.
- Reconnect with your purpose.
- Forget work for awhile. Listen to music for example.
- Stop multitasking.
- Turn off electronics.
- Lift your head up and breathe slowly and deeply for one minute.
- Keep a journal of progress, accomplishments, and tasks completed.
- Throw something away. Better yet, give something away.
- Develop the team around you and then delegate tasks.
- Trust someone.
- Humble yourself to a trusted adviser or coach.
- Build friendships outside your organization.
- Finish a task.
- Spend time in self-reflection.
- Change a routine.
- Create gratitude lists.
- Get away from your desk for lunch.
- Take a short morning and afternoon walk.
- Reconnect with a friend.
Treat yourself like you matter.
What leadership behaviors re-energize others?
What fills your energy tank?