The Top 7 Ways to End Frustrating Wait-Time
Image source by Adryana Nicoleta
Life goes down the drain while you wait. Airports, repair shops, grocery lines, and doctor’s offices ruthlessly steal time.
Time is life.
Wasted time is wasted life.
- Escalates anger.
- Strains relationships.
- Increases stress.
- Reduces productivity.
Planning and preparation transform frustrating wait-time to satisfying productivity.
Top 7 Ways to End Frustrating Wait-Time
- Create a list of things to do while waiting. Look around, and ask, “What productive activities could I do right now?” Do one.
- Write thank you notes. (Prepare for waiting by keeping thank you notes with you.)
- Journal. Turn off email, texts, and the phone.
- Blog. Write a blog about waiting.
- Connect. Grocery story lines are great opportunities to say, “Hi.” (For extroverts.)
- Meditate or pray. People will think you’re sleeping.
- Renew a relationship. Call an old friend and say, “I was just thinking about you.”
Bonus: Help someone. Look around and see who needs a hand. Pick up garbage if you’re a clean freak.
This post was inspired by Lets Grow Leaders.
How can leaders capture wait-time?